Friday, February 26, 2016

Where did the week go?

(Written 1 am 2/25/16)
It's my last night here in Haiti. I will be returning with a sore back, sunburned skin, raggedy hair - and an overflowing spirit. 

I will, however, be leaving part of my heart here. 

- I'm leaving part of it with the schoolchildren who spent their recess trying to communicate  with me and teach me words.
- I'm leaving part of it with housekeeping lady, who, after washing all our clothes, separated and folded my clothes AND made sure I got them. It may seem like a small gesture to you - but considering all the clothes she has to handle, for her to separate mine out was extremely sweet. 
- I'm leaving part of it with the gentlemen who were quick to say bonjour and make me feel welcomed. I was on their turf, and yet they made me feel like I was home. 
- I'm leaving a part of it with Joseph, the 15-month-old ill baby at the Mother Theresa charity children's hospital. He let me hold him, and cuddle him and love on him while his crib was cleaned. And when I stroked his chubby cheeks, he'd smile. 
- I'm DEFINITELY leave a part of my heart at the House of Hope. Our 12 girls are getting so big and tall! They have changed a lot in the last three years. BTW, I think Beyonce is destined to be a hair stylist...

Haiti gets in you and gets to you. And it keeps calling me back...

“He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” - Mark 16:15 NIV





No comments:

Post a Comment